Thursday, March 3, 2011

The man of many faces... all of them funny. Rob Schneider at the Stardome in April.

Emmy-nominated actor Rob Schneider, well known for his trademark blend of character and comedic acting, has broadened his focus to include directing, producing and writing.
Schneider recently completed principal photography on “The Chosen One,” a drama he co-wrote. He stars as a man whose life is about to change after reaching the end of his rope. Schneider also co-produces with John Schneider through their production company From Out of Nowhere.
Earlier this year, Schneider made his directorial debut in “Big Stan.” He also starred in the comedy as a con man sentenced to prison alongside David Carradine.
Schneider is well known for his longtime relationship with Adam Sandler and Sandler’s production company, Happy Madison. Schneider has starred in several Happy Madison projects, including “Bedtime Stories,” “You Don’t Mess With The Zohan,” “The Benchwarmers,” “50 First Dates,” “The Longest Yard,” “Eight Crazy Nights,” “Little Nicky” and “Mr. Deeds.” Also for Happy Madison, Schneider co-wrote and starred in “Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo,” “Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo,” “The Hot Chick” and “The Animal.”  Other film credits include “Shark Bait,” “The Waterboy” and “Big Daddy.”
Schneider began writing jokes as a teenager, appearing at local venues. After opening for comedians such as Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld, he made his major network television debut in 1987 on “The David Letterman Show.” In 1990 Lorne Michaels saw Schneider’s appearance on HBO’s “13th Annual Young Comedians Special” and hired him to be a regular on “Saturday Night Live.” During his four seasons at “SNL,” Schneider was nominated for three Emmys and a Peabody Award.
Schneider is an active supporter of several charities. He founded “The Rob Schneider Music Foundation,” which helps provide music education for middle school and high school students. Schneider was born and raised in San Francisco. He lives in the Los Angeles area.
For those of you who thought Rob Schneider is
new to stand-up, here is a bit from 1989.  Duuuuuude!

3 comments:

  1. Consider my ticket bought. I've been watching Rob Schneider since I was about 5 and still laugh out loud. This will be a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not much of a begger, but considering the gravity of the situation, I thought it was worth a shot. As I stated in my previous comment, I have been watching Rob Schneider since I was 5. I remember my father and brother doing a "Richmeister" impression and had to check it out. I became a *huge* SNL fan--most likely the biggest you will meet. I'm full of SNL trivia. Anyway--to my point, it would honestly be a dream to be able to talk to an alum from the greatest era in SNL history. I am not some teenybopper that just wants an autograph. I have *real* questions that I would like to ask Rob regarding one of the greatest--if not the greatest few years in television history. So,if you sell Meet and Greets, I would be more than willing to buy a pair. If they are give-away only, I want you to know that I do not believe it would mean as much to anyone else. This may be a wash, but I would not be very happy with myself if I let the weekend go by without trying. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude with long winded comment... if you beg for tickets so eloquently, you should leave an email. :)

    ReplyDelete